Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Broz Before Hoes

I'm not sure how this one slipped my mind, but we spent a considerable couple of hour on the Croatian coastline staring at TITO'S ISLAND.  No big deal or anything, but rumour has it there is/was an elephant there that Nehru gave to Tito.  And we also met a soccer player from the US who played professionally in a small town in Croatia. asked where we were from and when I told him Vancouver I could see him reaching into his personalised, severely abridged map of the world and said, "Oh, so like east coast."
"West." 
"Oh, right, whatever, same thing."

I hadn't even said which country because I honestly don't expect most people in the world to have even heard of Canada, but I was at least expecting for him to think I was referring to Vancouver, Washington. I am not trying to cast any judgement on this intrepid young scholar's intelligence, but I do think it's really interesting that he has a passport.
Sometimes I wish people actually read this blog and thought I was as funny as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment